TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

W5WMW

+2
Tony
W5WMW
6 posters

Go down

W5WMW Empty W5WMW

Post  W5WMW Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:18 pm

I haven't yet entered any bills on Trackdollar, but I thought I might peruse your fora, if that's okay.

I currently use Where's George and my name is W5WMW on the main site and its fora.

Last edited by W5WMW on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

W5WMW
New

Darth Slurpee likes this post

Back to top Go down

W5WMW Empty Re: W5WMW

Post  Tony Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Welcome to TrackDollar. I hope you like what you see. Please feel free to ask us any questions. Hope to see you on here in the future.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Welcome. While you're here, enter a bill or two.. Or better yet, 10,000 :-)

Discover for yourself what we all already know: TrackDollar is the BEST
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

W5WMW Empty Dual entering

Post  W5WMW Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Has anyone tried dual-entering, that is, entering a single bill on two different tracking sites at once and stamping that bill with both sites?

W5WMW
New

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 pm

W5WMW wrote:
Has anyone tried dual-entering, that is, entering a single bill on two different tracking sites at once and stamping that bill with both sites?

I never have. Way too time consuming if you're entering 2,000+ bills per month..

Whenever I come across WG bills, which is fairly often, I'll put them in an envelope and hang on to them until I can get to a public hotspot and hit them (since Hank has blocked my home IP address)
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:19 pm

I have done that. I got started with bill tracking in Feb, '10. I was entering bills on both sites and marking them with both sites. I decided to stick with TrackDollar for several reasons. Like Aaron said, it is time consuming, espcecially when entering 2000 + bills per month. I also come across quite a few WG bills. I enter them from my home computer though. I have not been cut off from WG and still enter a few bills there (other than the wilds I find). I make a point of spending those bills (and any of my own I enter) in accordance with the WG rules.

The other bills I spend in abundance with a single merchant; I'll deposit them in the bank; and I'll trade with other users and state that I did. Markus, our great TrackDollar leader (yes, I'm kissing up Smile) allows us to do that. I have one exception: My credit union has asked that I not deposit marked bills with them. The manager considers it "tacky." So, to not cause any problems, and to keep the peace, I've taken my business elsewhere.

Talk to you later,

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:44 am

Welcome, W5

I also started my currency tracking at that other place. For a short time, I entered bills on both sites until my account got suspended for even referring that I was using "a different tracking site" (TrackDollar) in my user notes.

Since being here at TrackDollar, I have found not only a nice community, but a host, Markus, who shows not even a hit of drama toward his user base. The policies are a bit different over here. We are allowed to trade bills and to hit each others bills. TrackDollar is not so much about the "purity of circulation", but about the fun we can have tracking our money.

While I would encourage you to enter as many bills as possible here on TrackDollar, I will NOT advise you one way or the other regarding any other currency tracking site. That is something that you will have to figure out. A couple of our users are still using both, however.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

W5WMW Empty Duality

Post  W5WMW Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Well, I do like the "purity of circulation" and don't disagree with the rules at WG (in fact, I wish addenda and clarifications would be put in the main site FAQ or user guide).

But, you're right, I don't like drama. Thankfully, I haven't experienced any, personally.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be around.

W5WMW
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:23 pm

You can enter dually nobody cares just don't mention trackdollar in any of the WG user notes and do not come on this forum and speak badly of WG. We have free speech here but Hank does check these forums sometimes and does not take kindly to bad mouthing his site.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:33 pm

Matt_How wrote:You can enter dually nobody cares just don't mention trackdollar in any of the WG user notes and do not come on this forum and speak badly of WG. We have free speech here but Hank does check these forums sometimes and does not take kindly to bad mouthing his site.

Hank can quit being such a $%*#& baby and deal with it. He's a bit on the soft side.. Too easily hurt and/or offended
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

W5WMW Empty TD on WG?

Post  W5WMW Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Has someone had a problem mentioning TD on the WG fora? I haven't seen anything like that. In fact, several of Mr. Hank's posts have seemed to encourage others to make their own currency tracking projects.

Anyway, I'll probably enter a quarter strap of ones sometime here at TD and see how it goes (with a WG mark on the back, for those who won't do TD).

Any more discussion regarding this should probably be moved to a different TD board, since this one is for new user introductions.

Hope you US-Americans had a good Independence Day.

W5WMW
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:33 pm

sends2aaron wrote:
Matt_How wrote:You can enter dually nobody cares just don't mention trackdollar in any of the WG user notes and do not come on this forum and speak badly of WG. We have free speech here but Hank does check these forums sometimes and does not take kindly to bad mouthing his site.

Hank can quit being such a $%*#& baby and deal with it. He's a bit on the soft side.. Too easily hurt and/or offended
Yes and at the same time seems to think nothing of being highly offensive to others. It is not a good combination. Yes, very much like a baby. He once banned me from the forums for posting an illustration of a man jumping over a shark. He called it a highly offensive image. Ya, it was taking a poke at him but highly offensive i hardly think so.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:14 pm

I thought I might try entering a few here and see how it goes.

Basically, I'm here because I am a bit afraid of Hank. I don't want my hobby cut off.

But I'm also worried that hit rates might not be as high here...I've never seen a "trackdollar" bill out in the wild.

So...what's the scoop, and please be HONEST...how does the hit rate here compare with WG?

What would you guys suggest for someone who wants to keep their hobby..but also does not want to lose 2000 bills, 72 hits and eleven states in three months that I have gotten there. Do you honestly think the same could be accomplished here? I mean, in three months and 2000 bills..would it be reasonable to expect 72 hits and eleven states?
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:04 pm

I don't see why you would lose your account there as long as you abide the the rules. I have almost 1000 bills entered on WG. Part of the reason I don't have more is because I don't know what I'll be doing with them when I'm entering them: I could spend them on gas, groceries, etc. I could trade them with non-bill tracking coworkers or friends. Those things are within the rules on WG. But many of my bills I redeposit in the bank to pay bills. I will not enter bills into WG that there is even a remote chance I might do this. That's one reason why I have less than 1000 bills there, and over 12,000 here.

I suppose I could be cut off at any time there, but it's not something I worry about. I follow the rules, enter a few bills, do my update once per day, and enjoy the hobby.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum