TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legality of Bill Marking

4 posters

Go down

Legality of Bill Marking Empty Legality of Bill Marking

Post  Hank_Esken Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:51 am

US Code: Title 18, Part I, Chapter 25, Section 475

Whoever designs, engraves, prints, makes, or executes, or utters, issues, distributes, circulates, or uses any business or professional card, notice, placard, circular, handbill, or advertisement in the likeness or similitude of any obligation or security of the United States issued under or authorized by any Act of Congress or writes, prints, or otherwise impresses upon or attaches to any such instrument, obligation, or security, or any coin of the United States, any business or professional card, notice, or advertisement, or any notice or advertisement whatever, shall be fined under this title. Nothing in this section applies to evidence of postage payment approved by the United States Postal Service.

Nowhere in here does it say anything about intent to render unfit for reissue. Attaching a NOTICE to a bill, which is what you guys do when you stamp your bills "Track me at trackdollar.com" is illegal.

Source: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/25/475

Hank_Esken
New

Back to top Go down

Legality of Bill Marking Empty Re: Legality of Bill Marking

Post  Tony Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:52 am

Hey Hank,

Thanks for the warning, and for joining our forum. By the way: Where do I find this warning on Where's George? It doesn't seem to be on your FAQ page.

#8 Is it legal to write on or mark currency?
Where's George? does not encourage the defacement of U.S. Currency. The law defines 'illegal' defacement as defacement that renders bills unfit to be re-issued. For the legal details from the U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing, please Click Here

Was it not important enough to warn your own users or are you working on an update and you deemed it more important to warn us first?

Please let us know ASAP. I'm very concerned.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Legality of Bill Marking Empty TROLL ALERT!

Post  dctim Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:50 pm

This is not the *real* Hank "Esken". The "real" Hank is at least able to spell his name correctly.

If Hank is anything, he is supremely defensive of his enterprise. He would not have survived over 10 years by sending such mixed messages.

This is obviously a Troll who is posing as Hank to try to disswade as many people as possible from enjoying this hobby.

There is nothing to see here, people - keep moving.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Hank_Esken Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:34 pm

dctim wrote:This is not the *real* Hank "Esken". The "real" Hank is at least able to spell his name correctly.

If Hank is anything, he is supremely defensive of his enterprise. He would not have survived over 10 years by sending such mixed messages.

This is obviously a Troll who is posing as Hank to try to disswade as many people as possible from enjoying this hobby.

There is nothing to see here, people - keep moving.

The law is the law.. Again: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/25/475

You can read, can't you? Then it should be obvious. The wording is straightforward.

Hank_Esken
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi Hank,

welcome to the forum, hope you have fun with your new hobby.

Here the law all currency tracking site in US are referring to:
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/17/333

Might be they are all wrong, are you a lawyer?

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:53 pm

more about this section:

the section 475 was added to prevent businesses to do

"Penny Pressing"

for advertising.

@Hank: all okay, you can start entering bills here. no worries.

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Hank_Esken wrote:
You can read, can't you? Then it should be obvious. The wording is straightforward.
I read real good, "Hank". Sometimes me write some to.

If you are so concerned, get yourself a lawyer and go after the grand poohbah. I am certain that with 170 Million + violations of the law, you will be sucessful. The money you make off that venture will enable you to retire a very rich person and take up a nice hobby like currency tracking.

Sheesh ... Trolls. They really can't be killed.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down