TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For you, if you're a Star Trek fan

3 posters

Go down

For you, if you're a Star Trek fan Empty For you, if you're a Star Trek fan

Post  Darth Slurpee Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:38 am

Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

For you, if you're a Star Trek fan Empty Re: For you, if you're a Star Trek fan

Post  dctim Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Cool - how did you get the Live Long & Prosper gif on your bill report that way?
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Slurpee Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:00 pm

dctim wrote:Cool - how did you get the Live Long & Prosper gif on your bill report that way?

I came across that completely by accident as I was playing with some other formatting. What's happening is that I format my user notes to align with the configuration Markus has set up for the whole bill report. By shutting that off, it places everything thereafter above the bill report.

The emoji I pull off the Get Emoji website. The Vulcan salute is in the top section — Smileys & People. It's a simple cut-and-paste from that site (or from any of a number of others; there's nothing particularly special about that site). Of course, if you start formatting your user notes, you can use any emoji(s) or character(s) up there. I'm having a lot of fun putting emojis up there these days.

The user note of the first bill linked above looks like this:

★tr☆★td colspan=6 bgcolor=EEEEEE☆★font color=gold☆★b☆★center☆Happy 49★sup☆★u☆th★/u☆★/sup☆, Star Trek!★hr☆Good condition, but torn★font color=blue☆★hr☆From JPMorgan Chase Bank ???? at Romulus (MI)★hr☆Played the $759M ???? Powerball lottery ???? and bought my wife a four-pack of Shmaltz Brewing Klingon Imperial Porter ???? from The Liquor Book ???? at Sterling Heights (MI) on Solar Eclipse Day ???? 21Aug17★font color=red☆★hr☆★/b☆★u☆★i☆Thank you★/u☆★/i☆.★br☆★font size="+3"☆☺★/td☆★font size="+7"☆????

To render the above properly, replace ★ with < and replace ☆ with > (angle brackets). +7 is the largest size you're allowed to use, and not all platforms use it, so that emoji will look differently depending on which platform you're viewing the bill report. And you're seeing ???? up there because Forumotion doesn't like to display emojis. See the bill report itself to see what each of the ???? was supposed to be.
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

For you, if you're a Star Trek fan Empty Third Consecutive Year

Post  Darth Slurpee Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:06 pm

And here's what one of this year's entries looks like. This was the first day of last weekend's 2,700 mile ZIP trip to color in a lot more of my Bills Entered - State Map (four new states!) and Bills Entered - All County Map. As a Trek fan, I'm pleased to have a state with Romulus, Remus, and Vulcan in it.

And being able to do this is one of the many reasons this site leaves other tracking sites in its wake. Thank you again, Markus!
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack002 Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Very cool, Darth! I like it!! Surprised Razz Shocked Smile
Jack002
Jack002
New

http://mewe.com/i/jacktaylor71

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:54 am

Quite some years ago, I ordered a video camera which was shipped from Romulus, MI. At about the same time, Plutarch - Greek biographer and essayist, was a category on Jeopardy. My wife was pregnant at the time and we decided (in jest) the baby's name would be Romulus Plutarch. There was one family member who didn't catch on that we were joking and their reaction BECAME the joke.

Thus, I always have a fond thought about Romulus, MI.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down