TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Official* Longest Sleeper thread

+6
Darth Slurpee
Chris the Where's Georger
Diamondback Dave
Kalisiin
ELECTRIC RED
Tony
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

*Official* Longest Sleeper thread - Page 2 Empty Re: *Official* Longest Sleeper thread

Post  dctim Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Adding in cylon's 858 days
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

*Official* Longest Sleeper thread - Page 2 Empty Re: *Official* Longest Sleeper thread

Post  Tony Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:04 am

1409 days in Jefferson County, TX
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:13 am

1413 days in Albany, NY.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:36 am

New Sleeper Mark: 1,142 Days in Berne, Indiana.
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 pm

dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:51 am

good show, tim!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:03 am

There are a couple of things I like about sleepers:

(1) I can take no credit for them (not that I can for any of my hits, except, perhaps direct hits).
(2) They can't easily be faked.
(3) They are statistical outliers. That this one has been sleeping over 4.5 years is pretty cool to me.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:01 pm

1440 days in San Jose, CA.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:07 pm

New Sleeper Mark: 1,156 Days
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:35 am

dctim wrote:There are a couple of things I like about sleepers:

(1) I can take no credit for them (not that I can for any of my hits, except, perhaps direct hits).
(2) They can't easily be faked.
(3) They are statistical outliers. That this one has been sleeping over 4.5 years is pretty cool to me.

The thing I like about sleepers is the same thing I like about any other hit...or any other stat except entry streaks.

YOU CAN'T CONTROL THEM.

I don't much care for any record that is a stat that the user can actually control.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:53 pm

New Sleeper Mark: 1,209 Days
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:42 am

New longest sleeper is 1459.85 days in Bouse (La Paz County) AZ.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Tue May 13, 2014 10:34 am

New longest sleeper is 1496 days. It's in Casa Grande (Pinal County), AZ.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu May 29, 2014 3:06 pm

I have a new longest sleeper.
This was hit also on WG?  It is such an old sleeper it goes back to the days I dual-marked and dual-entered bills...in fact, it goes back almost to my beginning here on TD.

Here's the hit and as you can see it is 1363 days (or 3 years and 267 days)

I signed up for TD on 7/29/2010 - this bill was entered 9/4/2010...just 37 days after I signed up.  Meaning this is gonna be a very hard sleeper for me to beat.

Last edited by Kalisiin on Sat May 31, 2014 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack002 Thu May 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Congrats! That's a lot of days. I like how the format is in days. My spreadsheet calculates days, I'm used to seeing it that way.
Jack002
Jack002
New

http://mewe.com/i/jacktaylor71

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat May 31, 2014 4:00 pm

I'll be a son of a gun, but I just beat that already.

This is another dual-entered bill.  It was hit SEVERAL TIMES at WG? - and thus isn't a sleeper there...but it got hit for the first time at TD...and was also hit by the same person at WG?

The hit at TD - 1393 Days

Here is the same bill at you know where

Three Years and 297 days on this one!

Interestingly enough...he hit the bill at TD from Reading.  Then hit it at WG from Burlington, NJ.
The user notes are identical. So obviously the same guy. The hits are five minutes apart...so he did not just hit it on TD in Reading, go home to Burlington, and then hit it on WG.

He literally hit the bill on both sites from the same place...yet entered one as Reading, PA and one as Burlington, NJ
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:30 pm

New longest is 1523 days.. It was hit in Little Falls (Morrison County), MN.
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:45 am

I wonder how this would look if we also expressed people's longest sleeper as a percentage of the time they have been here??

for example, Mine is 1393 days.  I have been here, at the time this was hit, 1401 days.  I have now been here 1404 days.

My sleeper rate is 99.216 percent.

Not entirely sure how practical this is because your percentage would be a moving figure. It's something that could be put into your stats I suppose...but to update this thread would be crazy.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:54 am

New Sleeper Mark: 1,306 Days
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack002 Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:41 pm

Kalisiin wrote:I wonder how this would look if we also expressed people's longest sleeper as a percentage of the time they have been here??

for example, Mine is 1393 days.  I have been here, at the time this was hit, 1401 days.  I have now been here 1404 days.

My sleeper rate is 99.216 percent.

Not entirely sure how practical this is because your percentage would be a moving figure.  It's something that could be put into your stats I suppose...but to update this thread would be crazy.
I like that idea. It figures in when we come to the party. My best sleeper might look unimpressive next to a long time member. This evens it all out.
Jack002
Jack002
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:38 am

I thought about a way it could be done, Jack...where it would not be a constantly-moving figure.

You'd calculate your percentager of longest sleeper based on when it was hit.

for example, my current being 1393 days and 99.216 percent - at the time it was hit. So that would stay in my figure.

Now, later, as I have been here longer I might well get a longer sleeper, but, havig been here more days, say, a 100-day sleeper would end up a lesser percentage of total time here...so, you'd give the percentage as it was at the time it was hit. That would be attached to your longest sleeper, and would stay that way until you had a longer sleeper (which might be actually a lower percentage, but more days) then your days and percentage would change with the new longest sleeper.

That way, it is not a constantly-moving number, and one COULD update this list with it. so one could see sleepers expressed not only in total days....but also in percentage of time here at the time the sleeper was hit.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Interesting ...

My longest sleeper is 1,678.93 days. It occurred on my 1,767.68 day since I joined the site. So, my "sleepiness percentage" is 94.974 %.

I'll put that up on the summary post. If other users want to compute their own, I will include their percentage, as well.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack002 Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:49 am

The only factor that doesn't take in is the longer a member has been a member the more time they had to enter bills. One member who was here a week has less chances of getting a 90%er than someone who's been here for years.
Jack002
Jack002
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Jack002 wrote:The only factor that doesn't take in is the longer a member has been a member the more time they had to enter bills. One member who was here a week has less chances of getting a 90%er than someone who's been here for years.

Not really, Jack.

If you have been here say, 10 days...and get a 9 day old sleeper, there's your 90 percent right there.

So...while this might be a handicap for the VERY NEWEST PEOPLE...it is one that should mitigate rather quickly.
Be interested in seeing what your own "sleepiness percentage" would be Jack.  I'm betting it might be higher than you think.

Of course, the closer you get a hit to your starting date, the higher your percentage, like mne being 99.216 - I doubt I will ever again match that.  But I might.  It seems to me a bit as though the longer you're here, the less likely to have a sleepiness percentage in the high 90's, but more likely to have one in the 90's - and if you're VERY NEW...then you might also have a slight handicap in this regard.

But I can think of no other way to do this to where it would not be a constantly-changing number, which would create real problems for tim, who is kindly updating this list.  At least we get some idea this way.

Unless you may have a better suggestion, Jack?

That is how this site constantly gets better....user suggestions.
They actually ARE implemented here.

My few innovations that can be directly attrbutable to me are

1. The Distance percentage your bills have traveled - around the earth, to the Moon, to the Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Mars.
I actually had the distances of all planets in there in terms of AU, but Markus decided, probably rightly so, to limit it to the inner solar system.

2. The auto-fill maps by state, I drew and contributed, Markus programmed them to work - all but twelve of the states I did...twelve were already working when I joined the site.

3. The ability to sort the User List Rankings by various categories instead of ONLY by Track Points...thus if you're tracking a different stat, you can see how you measure up with others.

4. The Cooperative County Challenge

5. The County Hit Lists.

So, we'd love to ghear your suggestions if you have any, Jack...if they're good, they get done.  And they make the site even better!

You don't get the old "that isn't feasible" saw that you get on WG? when you make suggestions.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next