TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
dctim
Matt_How
Diamondback Dave
Admin
sends2aaron
9 posters

Go down

********** - Page 2 Empty Re: **********

Post  kidgame2001 Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Yeah it looks like the Barron should definitely pass you as long as she keeps up her current entering habits.

Anyways as for me, I'll be kicking things up a few notches on here as soon as I get some stamps for this site. I haven't entered much here yet still. I admit that is because I am still active on WG (as I have stamps for that site). So most of what I enter on here are a few extra stragglers basically. I've been handwriting the track dollar url on some bills. In fact, the last 100 bills I'm handwriting on them. First 50 of those were just the back only. However I have 50 more which I entered here but am going to write on the front and back. Hopefully some of these handwritten bills pique someones interest.

I think by the end of the month I will order a stamp or 2 (from stamp-connection of course) for Track Dollar. Having a stamp is a lot easier and faster to mark bills with. I don't mind writing the url a bit but for straps of bills it gets tiresome and takes forever. So I think its a definite that by this time next month I'll have a Track Dollar stamp. That should attract even more attention to my bills and start getting me some hits.

So once I get some stamps I'll be entering a lot more bills into Track Dollar. Heck, maybe I'll even give markus a run for his money (and 1st place overall!). If not, well theres always staying at 1st place in New Jersey.

Oh and one more thing, if I didn't mention it earlier, yes I am a commercial user (right now for WG). So once I get those stamps I mentioned, I'll be the local commercial user for TrackDollar.

Last edited by kidgame2001 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)

kidgame2001
New

Darth Slurpee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sends2aaron Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:06 pm

Hey kidgame2001, welcome to TrackDollar! What brings you over here from WG?

kidgame2001 wrote:Oh and one more thing, if I didn't mention it earlier, yes I am a commercial user (right now for WG). So once I get those stamps I mentioned, I'll be the local commercial user for TrackDollar.
sends2aaron
sends2aaron
New

Back to top Go down

Post  kidgame2001 Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:31 am

Well believe it or not I saw a post about this site on a topic on the WG forums. Someone posted something about other currency tracking sites. So I had to check out this site. It looks great so far, it has everything that WG offers (for free) and so much more too. I really like the fact that the site updates instantly when you enter a bill, instead of having to click refresh and wait for that process to finish.

I haven't left WG. I still intend to stay on that site primarily, but I do intend to get some stamps to use for this site. Once I do that I'll probably alternate straps. As in, enter one strap on WG, the next strap on TD, and alternate back and forth. That way I'd get to participate in my favorite activity but still help out and use both sites.

kidgame2001
New

Back to top Go down

Post  kidgame2001 Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Hey speaking of "the Barron" what happened to her? I was just checking the user list on the site and I don't see her name listed there anymore. I did know she was from Wisconsin but I don't see the Barron on the list of users for that state. She isn't in the top 25 anymore either. I was just wondering what happened. Wonder if she got kicked or deleted her account or something. No big deal I guess

kidgame2001
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

********** - Page 2 Empty Old Thread Revival Alert!

Post  Darth Slurpee Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:02 pm

GARY WROTE: (I snipped out parts)
I did read where they are looking for a commercial person or two to join them and help raise the bills entered total. I don’t think I would be welcome there. I don’t think just barging in and taking over would be the right thing to do.

He does not need a commercial user. He needs more regular people. A commercial user floods the market and bums out the other users, that don’t have the assets to compete, so they slack off or quit. You need a couple hundred users that will enter 300 to 1000 bills a month. That would get the site really moving!

I will check in there from time to time and see how you guys are doing.

That would be so unbelievably wonderful if Wattsburg Gary joined us over here. Since he's accomplished virtually everything under the Sun — including his bills figuratively traveling all the way to the Sun  sunny  — might be an interesting experiment to see how starting fresh might re-ignite the challenge. I wonder how many weeks it would take him to take top spot.  Razz C'mon, Gary! Come over and run up the score! I'll buy you your first stamp. lol!

Admin wrote:Hello,

my opinion: A few commercial user would bring the couple hundred user entering 500 bills a month.

I am sure there are still tons of people out there who would enjoy the hobby currency tracking, but they just don't know about it. So all the bills of a commercial user would pick up new user automatically and the site would grow.

Also, so far i saw no need to display the userlist by default filtered by the own state. However, with growing amount of users, the competition will be more about to be the #1 in your state. So most of the time a good commercial user will not scare normal user away.

For myself: lol, I am tired to be #1 on my own website. So its time, somebody should steal this crown away from me.

cu

Markus

I know I'm not the first and sincerely hope I won't be the last, but you're welcome! king

Wink
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan From Rochester Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:16 am

I'm in the low 600's on WG rather than #1, but I did latch on to TD partially to redo bill tracking experiences, so I get that sentiment.

Alan From Rochester
New

http://alanfromrochester.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack002 Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:20 pm

Hey welcome, sends2aaron! I was active on WG once, hated the new site upgrade and came here. Trackdollar is much better! cyclops jocolor farao albino
Good to meet you!
Jack002
Jack002
New

http://mewe.com/i/jacktaylor71

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Slurpee Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:09 pm

He's long gone. Bullied out of here.

He was #1 here back in 2010, now he's been chased away. Crying or Very sad No
Darth Slurpee
Darth Slurpee