TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cylon joins site

+4
ELECTRIC RED
Tony
Kalisiin
cylon
8 posters

Go down

cylon joins site Empty cylon joins site

Post  cylon Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:18 pm

You have an excellent site. I am a very active www.trackmycash.com user, with over 40,000 bills (over 1/3 of the bills on that site) entered (check out the site stats). Recently I have become very frustrated with the site. The site changed hands a couple of years ago and has gone downhill since. After almost two years a user still cannot enter 2009 series bills. All attempts to contact the admistrator are bounced with an error message. The only stats available are the number of bills entered and the number of hits. The front page announces a contest for the person who enters the 75,000 and 100,000 bill. I entered the 100,000 and my son entered the 75,000 bill, but neither of us have heard from the site about the prizes. This site is heads and tails above Trackmycash.com. Also this site has more bills entered in three years than Trackmycash in 8 years. I plan on moving my future bills to this site.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

cylon joins site Empty Re: cylon joins site

Post  Kalisiin Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Welcome!
We're glad to have you on board!

Mind telling us what part of the country you're from?

I hope you find this site much better. One thing I can say that is great about this site is responsive Admin...open to suggestions/requests for changes/improvements...

For example, my ideas that have been implemented here are the pie charts, The place where you can see how much of the way to the sun, moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars that your bills have traveled, having the county where hits were show up in text notifications, as well as the ability to define your own cutoffs on your maps instead of the default cutoffs...as well as defining your own colors instead of the default colors.

And I've been here just under a year. so lots of suggestions are taken seriously and are done here, Markus is very good to us! Oh...also the PayPal button for donations to the site here...was my idea.

Just so you get the idea how much stuff is here as a result of the users ideas. And Markus's excellent work!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Hey cylon,

Welcome to TrackDollar. I hope you enjoy the site as much as we do.

Tony
Tony
Tony
New

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC RED Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Glad to see that you have joined!!!!
ELECTRIC RED
ELECTRIC RED
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:26 pm

I live in lower burrell pa, about 20 miles from pittsburgh. zip code 15068 will come up New Kensington, lower burrell or arnold
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Welcome aboard, cylon! It's great to have a new user!
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 pm

cylon wrote:I live in lower burrell pa, about 20 miles from pittsburgh. zip code 15068 will come up New Kensington, lower burrell or arnold

Well, welcome to a fellow Pennsylvanian!!

I am on the other end of the state, Monroe County, on the NJ border.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:34 am

Hello,

welcome to TrackDollar.

Actually I like the contest idea.
Maybe we should create that for the site wide one million Dollar, or maybe the 250000th bill entered.

Have fun

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:40 am

I approve of a new contest - I will even provide the winnings. However, I don't think it can be based on Bill Entry, which could be "gamed" by one of our power users, but instead on Bill Hit.

See contest thread for more details.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 pm

dctim wrote:I approve of a new contest - I will even provide the winnings. However, I don't think it can be based on Bill Entry, which could be "gamed" by one of our power users, but instead on Bill Hit.

You think like I do.
As you have noticed, I have several times expressed concern over...and needed to change...aspects of the County contest...to avoid "gaming."
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Welcome to Track Dollar Cylon! Hope you enjoy this site as much as we all do. Keep on trackin'!!

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:28 am

Diamondback Dave wrote:Welcome to Track Dollar Cylon! Hope you enjoy this site as much as we all do. Keep on trackin'!!

I am sure he will. In fact, I bet a lot of those folks on a yet-different site would like this one better if they only gave it a try...instead of refusing to try something newer.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:29 pm

dctim wrote:I approve of a new contest - I will even provide the winnings. However, I don't think it can be based on Bill Entry, which could be "gamed" by one of our power users, but instead on Bill Hit.

I agree with the above quote. at that site I entered 500 to 1000 bills a month. It was easy for me to watch the stats. I would slow down entering when the bills reached a certain number and save them until I could be certain I was the winner. Awarding a prize for a certain hit would be fairer since no one could game the system. The only way to improve your chances of winning would be to enter more bills.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Cylon - I'm wondering how you mark your bills (if at all).

Now that you are over 1,200 entries, I would have expected that you have at least a couple of hits.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:28 pm

dctim wrote:Cylon - I'm wondering how you mark your bills (if at all).

Now that you are over 1,200 entries, I would have expected that you have at least a couple of hits.

I agree. I have to wonder the same thing...my mom joined the site recently, and got a hit after having just 86 bills entered. Of course, she does not enter straps like I do. Still, i think I had maybe 2-3 hundred bills in before I got my first hit. With 1200+ entered, he oughta have some hits, unless he is stealthing them all.

I think that there aren't enough users, and enough awareness of this site...to make stealthing a successful venture here. Hell, I have never even found anyone else's trackdollar bill in the wild yet. I've only seen bills from my mom (we agreed not to hit each other's if we found them locally) and once I traded some bills with kidgame, and we also agreed not to hit each other's in the trade...we don't want cheap hits.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm

I started by handwritting in black ink on the back. I just recieved a round stamp. I have been stamping the front the last couple of days in red. since my privious site didn't have a listing on how a bill was stamped, I offen forget to list it.
cylon
cylon
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt_How Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Welcome. Yes I have some entries on trackmycash.com but i didn't like that site very much. It is really frustrating not being able to contact anyone or enter 2009 bills. Also trackmycash has a higher rate of error for $5-$100. This site is the very best tracking site out there in my opinion. You get more features than any other site and you do not have to pay a membership to get them. There is an option to donate to give your support but no high priced membership fee.

Matt_How
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Matt_How wrote: This site is the very best tracking site out there in my opinion. You get more features than any other site and you do not have to pay a membership to get them. There is an option to donate to give your support but no high priced membership fee.

Now this is something we can agree on!
What I love about this site is that you get all the features for free (no REQUIRED membership fee) although I regularly slide Markus some money...but the difference is it is MY CHOICE to do so...guess the other site does not have faith in it's members to support them. then again, their server costs are probably higher, seeing as they have more members - still, though...SOME of the things they take away from you for not paying up is just not cool - like not giving you the county in your bill listing...that's just uncool to me. I can see putting things like the maps on pay...but the county on your hit??
the other thing I love here is the way this site is open, receptive, and responsive to suggestions for improvement...here, it is not taken as a personal affront if you make a suggestion. I have had my head ripped off several times on the other site for making suggestions, so now I just tend to keep my head down over there.

Once I get the 50-state bingo over there, I'll probably keep the account only to enter other people's wilds. But I want to get that first.

It says something that I have been here four months less than there...but I have more bills entered here. I also now have more states here...36 + PR over there...38 + DC here.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down