I found a glitch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I found a glitch

Post  Matt_How on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:57 pm

When I go from the multi bill entry page to the single bill entry page or try to enter a second group of bills on the multi page without first closing the page I get an error message showing serial and series in a red circle. So basically if I use the multi entry page once it works just fine but if I try again it goes to an error page. It could be my browser for all I know but considering there are only 10 of us that currently have access to the page I can see how nobody stumbled across this issue yet. I may very well also be the only user using Safari when entering bills on the multi bill entry page so if it is my browser i can see how nobody else stumbled upon it yet. I can try it on Firefox next time I enter bills.

Matt_How
New

Posts : 567
Join date : 2009-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I found a glitch

Post  Admin on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Matt I tested the multi bill entry page on my mirror server with Opera browser and it worked fine. I entered two groups of 20 bills. 40 bills total without a problem.

I am checking the logfile right now to see what you did exactly in what order to reproduce this error you described.

Markus
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 350
Join date : 2008-09-27

View user profile http://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: I found a glitch

Post  Matt_How on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:16 pm

I tried it in Firefox. Same thing. If it matters I am running OS 10.5.7 on a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

Matt_How
New

Posts : 567
Join date : 2009-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I found a glitch

Post  Matt_How on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:36 pm

It works perfectly now. Thank you Markus.

Matt_How
New

Posts : 567
Join date : 2009-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I found a glitch

Post  Matt_How on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:43 pm

Another strange thing happened on the multi entry page. I was not at my home computer so maybe it was the computer or something who knows but I was entering 15 twenties. I set the copy denomination and series then entered the 15 serials. The thing is only the first two went through. I got some odd error message. I tried pushing send again I got a message I already entered these two then I tried just deleting the first two entries that didn't work. After that I copy and pasted the other 13 back one at a time it worked just fine. That always worked before I am wondering what happened? Kind of an odd thing to happen.

Matt_How
New

Posts : 567
Join date : 2009-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I found a glitch

Post  Matt_How on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:08 am

I figured post this under this thread rather than start a new one.

My link in the notification link did not work like it usually does. It said Safari cannot find server. Very odd. Anyone else having this happen or is it just a fluke?

Matt_How
New

Posts : 567
Join date : 2009-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I found a glitch

Post  Admin on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi,

I tried to fix the problem with some email server deleting the dot between www and trackdollar, so I changed the link to point to http://trackdollar.com instead of http://www.trackdollar.com

looks like that now safari has a problem with this kind of link.

I will update the server later and try to fix the dot problem another way.

Markus
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 350
Join date : 2008-09-27

View user profile http://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: I found a glitch

Post  Matt_How on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Don't I give you some interesting challenges being a Mac user? Smile
It is sure to benefit the site in the long run.

Matt_How
New

Posts : 567
Join date : 2009-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I found a glitch

Post  Diamondback Dave on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Admin wrote:Hi,

I tried to fix the problem with some email server deleting the dot between www and trackdollar, so I changed the link to point to http://trackdollar.com instead of http://www.trackdollar.com

looks like that now safari has a problem with this kind of link.

I will update the server later and try to fix the dot problem another way.

Markus

On this subject, the link worked perfectly for my notifications today without the www in front.

Diamondback Dave
New

Posts : 776
Join date : 2009-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I found a glitch

Post  Admin on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:01 am

Hello,

I did more research on this missing dot in emails. It looks like it is about the coding of a dot (whenever dot is saved on a multiple of 74 within the code some email server have problems, crazy, I will have to use another coding).

however, for now I create emails with both version of links:
For Dave: (the missing dot) the word BILL has a link now to "TrackDollar.com"
All other links in the email point to "www.TrackDollar.com"

Updated 3/31 10:00 am

Markus
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 350
Join date : 2008-09-27

View user profile http://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: I found a glitch

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum