Yearlong County Contest

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Kalisiin on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Not so fast, there, Jackson...

I'll have Etowah County, Alabama

Before you run off with all the marbles!!

Hey, does this seem like a likely city name in ALABAMA???
avatar
Kalisiin
New

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 46
Location : Wendell, NC

View user profile http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Tony on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:10 pm

I claim:

Clatsop County, OR
Solano County, CA
avatar
Tony
New

Posts : 885
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Tempe, AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  ELECTRIC RED on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:14 am

I'll claim Erie County, Ohio
avatar
ELECTRIC RED
New

Posts : 660
Join date : 2010-11-07
Location : Munith, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Diamondback Dave on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Jefferson, LA

Diamondback Dave
New

Posts : 774
Join date : 2009-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Kalisiin on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:56 am

I'll take Orleans Parish, LA
avatar
Kalisiin
New

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 46
Location : Wendell, NC

View user profile http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  ELECTRIC RED on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:43 am

I'll take Chippewa County, Michigan

Funny thing about this hit is I was wearing my Central Michigan CHIPPEWAS gear when i received it!!!
avatar
ELECTRIC RED
New

Posts : 660
Join date : 2010-11-07
Location : Munith, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  ELECTRIC RED on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:47 am

I'll also take Wilson County, Texas
avatar
ELECTRIC RED
New

Posts : 660
Join date : 2010-11-07
Location : Munith, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Tony on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:18 pm

I claim Boise County, ID.
avatar
Tony
New

Posts : 885
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Tempe, AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Kalisiin on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:34 pm

I claim Oneida County, NY
avatar
Kalisiin
New

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 46
Location : Wendell, NC

View user profile http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Tony on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:04 am

I claim Anchorage County, AK.
avatar
Tony
New

Posts : 885
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Tempe, AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Kalisiin on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:43 am

I'll have Pender County, NC
avatar
Kalisiin
New

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 46
Location : Wendell, NC

View user profile http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Tony on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:20 am

I claim Jefferson County, OR.
avatar
Tony
New

Posts : 885
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Tempe, AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  ELECTRIC RED on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:09 pm

I'll take Huron County, Ohio
avatar
ELECTRIC RED
New

Posts : 660
Join date : 2010-11-07
Location : Munith, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Tony on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:53 pm

I claim Sangamon County, IL.
avatar
Tony
New

Posts : 885
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Tempe, AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  ELECTRIC RED on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:54 pm

I'll take Taney County, Missouri
avatar
ELECTRIC RED
New

Posts : 660
Join date : 2010-11-07
Location : Munith, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  ELECTRIC RED on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:28 pm

I'll take Lawrence County, Illinois
avatar
ELECTRIC RED
New

Posts : 660
Join date : 2010-11-07
Location : Munith, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Tony on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:20 pm

I claim:
Forrest County, MS
Brunswick County, NC
Jerome County, ID
avatar
Tony
New

Posts : 885
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Tempe, AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  dctim on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:23 pm

It's been a slow month for me in hits, so I am happy to snag Fairfax City, VA
avatar
dctim
New

Posts : 1760
Join date : 2009-05-15
Age : 106
Location : DC 'burbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Kalisiin on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:59 pm

dctim wrote:It's been a slow month for me in hits, so I am happy to snag Fairfax City, VA

I don't know about this one, Tim.
It shows just (Fairfax) under the county., if it was Fairfax City...it should say so...like it does, for exaple, for Baltimore...versus Baltimore City.
I shall have to research this one. Part of Fairfax...may be out in the county...like, for example, part of Richmond is in Chesterfield County. See this hit for example.

I am going to credit this one. Zip code 22030 shows up as Fairfax City...and Fairfax County...on Zip codes.com
TD does not seem to make a distinction between Fairfax County and Fairfax City - they both show up as (Fairfax) on bill reports. However...when you pull up sitewide hits by state...and you pull up the second fairfax...which is down the list with all the other Independent Cities...your hit is listed among THOSE...rather than among the ones for Fairfax county.

therefore, this is a valid hit. but it did need some research...Markus should change it so that it shows up as (Fairfax City) on bill reports...just like Baltimore versus Baltimore city....or St. Louis versus St Louis City does.

Final judgement: Valid hit for Fairfax CITY.
avatar
Kalisiin
New

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 46
Location : Wendell, NC

View user profile http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Kalisiin on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:32 am

I get Kershaw County, SC
Hooray me!!
avatar
Kalisiin
New

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 46
Location : Wendell, NC

View user profile http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  ELECTRIC RED on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:24 pm

I'll take Winnebago County, Wisconsin
avatar
ELECTRIC RED
New

Posts : 660
Join date : 2010-11-07
Location : Munith, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  ELECTRIC RED on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:25 pm

I'll Also take Mills County, Iowa
avatar
ELECTRIC RED
New

Posts : 660
Join date : 2010-11-07
Location : Munith, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  dctim on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:13 pm

Kalisiin wrote:
dctim wrote:It's been a slow month for me in hits, so I am happy to snag Fairfax City, VA

I don't know about this one, Tim.
It shows just (Fairfax) under the county., if it was Fairfax City...it should say so...like it does, for exaple, for Baltimore...versus Baltimore City.
I shall have to research this one. Part of Fairfax...may be out in the county...like, for example, part of Richmond is in Chesterfield County. See this hit for example.

I am going to credit this one. Zip code 22030 shows up as Fairfax City...and Fairfax County...on Zip codes.com
TD does not seem to make a distinction between Fairfax County and Fairfax City - they both show up as (Fairfax) on bill reports. However...when you pull up sitewide hits by state...and you pull up the second fairfax...which is down the list with all the other Independent Cities...your hit is listed among THOSE...rather than among the ones for Fairfax county.

therefore, this is a valid hit. but it did need some research...Markus should change it so that it shows up as (Fairfax City) on bill reports...just like Baltimore versus Baltimore city....or St. Louis versus St Louis City does.

Final judgement: Valid hit for Fairfax CITY.
K, unfortunately, I went through the exact analysis before I posted my hit. I bet that many of the Independant cities in VA are not marked with the word "City". Of course, not many have the same name as a county, but it still would be nice to have them designated as "City".
avatar
dctim
New

Posts : 1760
Join date : 2009-05-15
Age : 106
Location : DC 'burbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Kalisiin on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:00 am

dctim wrote:
Kalisiin wrote:
dctim wrote:It's been a slow month for me in hits, so I am happy to snag Fairfax City, VA

I don't know about this one, Tim.
It shows just (Fairfax) under the county., if it was Fairfax City...it should say so...like it does, for exaple, for Baltimore...versus Baltimore City.
I shall have to research this one. Part of Fairfax...may be out in the county...like, for example, part of Richmond is in Chesterfield County. See this hit for example.

I am going to credit this one. Zip code 22030 shows up as Fairfax City...and Fairfax County...on Zip codes.com
TD does not seem to make a distinction between Fairfax County and Fairfax City - they both show up as (Fairfax) on bill reports. However...when you pull up sitewide hits by state...and you pull up the second fairfax...which is down the list with all the other Independent Cities...your hit is listed among THOSE...rather than among the ones for Fairfax county.

therefore, this is a valid hit. but it did need some research...Markus should change it so that it shows up as (Fairfax City) on bill reports...just like Baltimore versus Baltimore city....or St. Louis versus St Louis City does.

Final judgement: Valid hit for Fairfax CITY.
K, unfortunately, I went through the exact analysis before I posted my hit. I bet that many of the Independant cities in VA are not marked with the word "City". Of course, not many have the same name as a county, but it still would be nice to have them designated as "City".

EXACTLY!! Most of them do NOT have the same name as a County. the ones that DO...really should be designated as "City"
I knew Fairfax, however WAS one of those with the same name as a County. and just because the city SAID Fairfax...it didn't mean for sure that it was Fairfax City...it could have been a little town out in the County, that used Fairfax mailing...for example, I live, actually, in Ross Township, but my mailing is Saylorsburg...my phone, by the way, is Kunkletown...and I live on the border of three area codes!
At any rate, I posted up an example of Richmond, VA...not being Richmond City...just to explain to anyone why I was researching your hit.
The research indictd that your hit WAS indeed, Fairfax CITY...and so I have given you credit for this.
avatar
Kalisiin
New

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 46
Location : Wendell, NC

View user profile http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Kalisiin on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:26 pm

I'll take Wilkinson County, GA
avatar
Kalisiin
New

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 46
Location : Wendell, NC

View user profile http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Yearlong County Contest

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum