Montgomery County, PA Not Lighting Up For Me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Montgomery County, PA Not Lighting Up For Me

Post  Kalisiin on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:53 am

Also, my profile shows 3 hits for PA which is correct, but my US map is still on the color for only 2 hits for PA.

what gives?

EDIT: Never mind, it fixed itself.
I kept trying to refresh, and it wouldn't fix...so I posted this. Then, when I went back AFTER posting this...it suddenly fixed. So no worries.
Kalisiin
New

View user profile http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Montgomery County, PA Not Lighting Up For Me

Post  Diamondback Dave on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:06 pm

After you get hits, they do not update right away in the system, though I do not remember how much time Marcus stated it takes.

Diamondback Dave
New

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:31 am

As Dave said. the computer algorythim Markus has setup does not show hits updated in the maps right away.

For instance, if you get a hit in a new county or state, the map will not update until AFTER your next hit. This seems especially true in the case of an International Hit. The world map won't even display until you get one hit after your first overseas hit.

It may not be "perfect", but then we don't have to pay for all the provided maps, either.
dctim
New

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:59 pm

Well, again...as I said...it lit up now, so no biggie.

I just pulled a bunch of refreshes until I got what I wanted.

Sooner or later, even without another hit, it DOES update, because my most recent hit is the Montgomery County hit...and it now shows up.

What I didn't know, until now...was that the update didn't happen instantly. ALSO...sometimes, updates do not show until you DO refresh your browser.

Live and learn. Like I said, problem solved, so no biggie, but thanks for chiming in with some helpful answers, anyway.
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Hello,

the maps are updated about every 2 hours.

if you get a new international hit, then the world map will only show up after clicking at least once on HITS BY COUNTRY.
This will trigger the world map to be in the next update batch. So within 2 hours the world map should show up.

A constant refresh will not help, because you will keep reading the cache file from the server. Even if you delete the cache on your machine the server will still hold a graphic cache.

To create the graphic files on the fly while the hit comes in would make the server too slow. This is the whole reason behind the 2 hour rhythm.

Markus
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:19 am

Admin wrote:Hello,

the maps are updated about every 2 hours.

if you get a new international hit, then the world map will only show up after clicking at least once on HITS BY COUNTRY.
This will trigger the world map to be in the next update batch. So within 2 hours the world map should show up.

A constant refresh will not help, because you will keep reading the cache file from the server. Even if you delete the cache on your machine the server will still hold a graphic cache.

To create the graphic files on the fly while the hit comes in would make the server too slow. This is the whole reason behind the 2 hour rhythm.

Markus

OK...that is helpful to know...a 2 hour rhythm.

Thanks.
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top