TrackDollar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kalisiin's Empire

5 posters

Go down

Kalisiin's Empire Empty Kalisiin's Empire

Post  dctim Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:37 am

http://www.kalisiin.com/

I just started there. My screen name is JustPlainYogurt.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Kalisiin's Empire Empty Re: Kalisiin's Empire

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:43 am

Well...welcome to Kalisiin's Empire!
And do not worry, I am a benevolent dictator.

Hope to see many more of you on Kalisiin's Empire, we really could use an influx of new players. Of course, I am willing to help anyone who needs a little help with Kalisiin's Empire, as long as it does not involve me actually giving away genuine game secrets.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

http://www.kalisiin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:19 pm

So, what is the trick to keep from dieing?

I have died twice now. I figured out how to "follow the tunnel" the first time. The second time I hung out in Hades for awhile and used up all my torments. I then had to wait for a new "day" to arrive.

I seem to be too weak to hang out in the forests. I died for the third time.
dctim
dctim
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi,

The famous elf TrackDollar is already a lvl 6 hero cheers

its fun

cu

Markus
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://trackdollar.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:39 pm

OK.

Let me give you a few basic tricks to try.

First...bank your money often. You may have noticed that, when you die...you lose the money you had on hand.
Utilize the Banking Eagle from the Forest. (The banking eagle goes away after your first dragonkill, and is afterwards available only to donors) On subsequent dragon kills, just go back into town often and manually bank. The Banking Eagle is just a convenience that saves you a couple of mouse clicks.

As you have more money, obviously you want to buy better weapons and armor. That will keep you better protected, and more able to kill the creatures you encounter.

Also, try traveling...some of the other towns have Stables, where you can buy a mount, that will help you fight. Likewise, there is a pet store where you can buy pets that will help you fight. You can have only one pet and one mount at a time, but can always trade them in later for better animals as you progress.

Another good trick is to try "Slumming" instead of fighting normal. Slumming gives you only creatures at your own level or below to fight..so it's safer. Fighting can give you a creature at your own level or one higher. Thrillseeking usually gives you a creature one higher level than you, and sometimes two levels higher. Very difficult to kill them, but the rewards are great if you can! Lastly, once you hit ten dragonkills, you will have an option to "Search Suicidally" (not recommended!!) but it can give you creatures two to three levels higher than you. As you might imagine these battles are very difficult, but also the rewards are great.

Other helps include The Valiant Vixen...who only accepts payment for items in Valor Tokens...which you must earn (you guessed it) by doing valorous things! She sells a variety of items that can give you short or long-term and sometimes permanent stat boosts. Also, she sells a number of items that will restore your soul in Hades, or give you extra torments. When you reach 100 Favor, Ramius will resurrect you if you ask him. (None of you are yet advanced enough to get into Valhalla...the alternative place to go when you die...this is based on your alignment.)

You can also try to recruit a Squire at Dycedarg's academy,..they will help you fight. Also, up to 20 dragonkill, you can visit another place which will enable you to get stat boosts. Also, many of the stores offer items that will increase your hit points, or the number of turns you get in a day. Sometimes, it helps to be drunk, too...the Taverns in the game offer drinks that, while they cause you to be drunk (do not go to a job in the Industrial Park if you are drunk, you'll lose your job!!) they also give you a buff that will increase your attack and/or defense power for a limited time, helping you to fight.

the best thing I can tell you is to just explore various things, and find out what works best for your playing style. There is no one correct answer, which is what makes this game lots of fun.

Oh, and one game secret I WILL give away...You lose all your money in the bank and on hand, when you kill the dragon. (You keep your gems!) There are ways to carry gold across from one dragonkill to the next. The simplest way is to build a house, and it comes equipped with coffers where you can store some money (Coffers CAN be broken into by other players!!) A house also gives you a safer place to sleep, you are less likely to be attacked in PvP if you are in a house. Also, if you DO attack someone in PvP...and they die, you get all the gold they have on hand, so it's always a good idea to deposit in the Bank before going to sleep - although the Bank can also be robbed! (I do not recommend low level characters to try it, either...you might get lucky, but if you are unlucky, the enemy you will face for trying is going to pulverize you.)

Another way to carry gold across a dragonkill is to utilize Funk & Wagnall's - this store allows you to store some gold across a dragonkill, so you can start the next kill with more money (thus can equip better weapons/armor quicker) - BUT, money you store at Funk & Wagnall's will then be unavailable to you until after you have killed the dragon.

I think I have given enough good advice with which to start...and without really giving away any true game secrets. The main thing here is to explore different things, learn what each store has to offer...and develop whatever gaming strategies best suit your individual style. There are enough different choices to suit literally anyone - and there is really no one right or wrong way.

Happy gaming!!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Oh, forgot to mention two things...

One, not all the stores are available to lower-leveled, low dragonkill players...they will present themselves later on...and others will go away as you become stronger, more experienced, and have more kills.

Two...getting married also helps you, because you start each day with an extra buff of "Your Spouse's Love." And, yes, by the way, we are liberal at Kalisiin's Empire, same-sex marriages ARE allowed, if you want to go that route. The rewards are the same for marriage whether it be a same- or opposite-sex marriage, too.

In order to get married, you will have to flirt with another player...until you build up enough flirt points, and then you can ask them to marry - they can accept or reject the proposal. You will need to buy a ring if you are the one proposing.

Incidentally, Empress is currently available and single, as her husband Talrisha, has not been around for ages and ages...she plans on divorcing him. However, one must be fairly strong and advanced to catch the Empress's eye.

Anyway, as you can see there is much stuff to do at Kalisiin's Empire. there are side-quests that will present themselves to yu as you progress...some are optional and some are mandatory. Also Dag Durnik and Cedrik both have quest opportunities for you if you ask them right. Cedrik can also whip you up potions to increase certain character attributes...for a price, of course...and if you ask him right.

Another interesting place to try, especially for lower-levelled characters is Igor's Elixirs.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:03 pm

OH...one more thing...

If you want to build a house, you will need the materials. Hence the Lumberyard, the Stone Quarry, and the Metal Mines. As you advance through more dragonkills, better types of residences, with larger coffer storage capacities, will become available. Also, I believe that, after your first dragonkill, you then are able to try visiting the Docks...and the docks has a whole side-quest to it, and a supremely fun puzzle to work out, there's a whole story involved in there.

I definitely will NOT give away any of the secrets for the Docks sidequest, but, if you ask nice, I may privately give you a hint. Also...later on, some other dungeons will open up for you, this is the Signet Series quest dungeons. To get them to open you need to acquire the maps. A certain vendor in the Gardens can help you with that, but not for a while.

Another thing worth noting...The Temporal Mistress can sometimes grant you a new day, so you don't have to wait to play more. She also is available only to donors after the first dragonkill. (note: The Temporal mistress is far more likely to grant new days to players with fewer dragonkills...as you obtain more, it becomes harder for you to get a new day that way.

Also, if you do not use all your turns in a day (and you don't die) - in other words, you go to sleep while you still have turns remaining...to a certain limit these turns WILL carry over into the next new day.

Wow. do you see how much stuff there is involved? It took me over three years of being a work-in-progress to get the game to the level it is now. And I have a few ideas for a couple more stores that might be added, if I get inclined to program some more...including a salute to Mr. Miyagi and the original Karate Kid.

Some of you may have noticed, by now, that there is a certain level of sometimes subtle, and sometimes not-so-subtle humor in this game. Also, playing jokes and pranks on other players IS encouraged. Most times, the prank or joke will not actually hurt the player, it just good for a laugh. Loki's Prankatorium is a shop that sometimes is visible, and sometimes isn't (hey, it IS a prank shop, right) Bartokk's Funhouse is a good place to go to play harmless pranks on other players as well.

If you have a house, by the way, you might want to look into furnishing it...some of the furniture can help you out, too...you'll just have to see for yourself. Also, there is home decor available, and these items can also help you.

Sheesh, I'm giving away way more than I intended to...BUT, there's still a whole lot more that I haven't told!
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Kalisiin's Empire Empty LoRD

Post  W5WMW Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Thanks, but I got enough of "Legend of the Red Dragon (LoRD)" back in the mid to late 1990s. It was the most popular board game (online game) on my computer Bulletin Board System (BBS), Mnemonic Oubliette (1993-2001, 500 users).

It was fun, in it's day. LoRD fans usually also liked "Usurper" and the BBS vs. BBS game "Barren Realms Elite (BRE)" was always popular. Fun days…too bad to see Internet wipe out the entire BBS scene.

W5WMW
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalisiin Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:35 am

Well, that's okay. It isn't for everyone. Yes, it is a salute to LoRD, the famous doors game of the BBS era of the internet, back before it was even called the internet or the world wide web...when it was all bulletin boards, and you needed to know the telephone number of the board you wanted to dial into...and you paid for long-distance charges on those connections.

You're welcome to play if you wish...and if not, that's okay, too. I keep it around because I really enjoyed the days of LoRD.
Kalisiin
Kalisiin
New

Back to top Go down

Kalisiin's Empire Empty LoRD vs. LoGD

Post  W5WMW Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm not bashing LoGD, in fact, I've looked around another LoGD site, and it looks like a good quality Internet port of the old BBS door, with new enhancements. I'm sure a lot of us thirty-somethings and others who used BBS will enjoy it. I recommend it to anyone who liked the online games of the 1990s. I'm just burned out on it because I was a SysOp.

There were a couple dozen (or more) local-call boards in the Tulsa metro. Most were single line hobby systems, like mine. I never saw any point to paying for large BBSes. I offered the entire FidoNet echo backbone (analogous to Internet fora), and point systems, for the technically inclined.

Anyone remember 2400 bits per second modems? Viewing this page with one would take around an hour to load. Thank dog for text mode.

W5WMW
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamondback Dave Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:26 am

Oh, I deffinately remember those days. The Rock Garden was the popular BBS in Phoenix, as well as the Chattle Ranch. Those were some wierd days and get togethers. Guess that could be considered my 4 year long Woodstock (minus the drugs). My wife and I met on The Rock Garden. Man, what a life I had back then, smoking a pack of cigs while watching the boards scroll on my 28.8 baud modem...

Use to tell people after the BBS's became contaminated with crap that BBS stood for bunch of bull s...well, you get the picture... Kalisiin's Empire Icon_rabbit

Diamondback Dave
New

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum