New Personal Milestone Achieved - Track Points

Go down

New Personal Milestone Achieved - Track Points

Post  Darth Slurpee on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 pm

"I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."
Rapper's Delight, The SugarHill Gang

This one qualifies as just significant enough to rival the startling revelation that I, too, like hot butter on my breakfast toast.

I noticed and began chasing this milestone — unsuccessfully — at least a couple of years ago. The real problem is that I'm the one who kept thwarting my ability to achieve it…simply by entering dollars at the site. My hits were really struggling to keep up with my entries, but luckily I had a very good hit year in 2017.

I started the year calculating that I was just over a month away from finally reaching it, with a little discipline on my part.

But as I was checking on my progress today, I realized I had been using the wrong value for number of bills entered, using what is shown on the Bills Entered report rather than the lower number of bills entered shown on my Bills Summary Report. Using the correct number, I found out today I had already achieved the milestone! Very Happy

When I realized my mistake and then reverse-calculated when it happened, I found out that it happened during the 8pm hour on January 8. Now I can get back to entering more bills!

Looking down the User List, we find the next person to have also achieved this milestone is in spot #43, Crazy Capercaillie. Although he has only entered 58 bills, he's received 23 hits on them for a very impressive 39.7% hits/entries rate, racking up over 249 Track Points! There are others with sub-100 bills entered further down the list who have also achieved this milestone.

At the end of the day on January 8, my Track Points were 296,877.93 and I had 148,428 bills entered in the system Exclamation

Finally, I have more Track Points from my HITS (with their bonus points awarded based on hits/entries rate) than I do from my ENTRIES.

I know…pretty obscure. But I've been anticipating this for some time, and I'm glad it's finally here. I'm going to ruin it again next month and will have to work my way back up to it again. Meanwhile, I need to find some equally obscure milestone on which to set my sights. Who knows what that will be?

See? As meaningful as the revelation that I like hot butter on my breakfast toast, but it makes me happy! lol!
Darth Slurpee
New

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Personal Milestone Achieved - Track Points

Post  dctim on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:10 am

Bills Entered (from Bills Entered Report): 15,862
     minus
Bills Entered (from Bills Summary Report): 15,840
     equals
Pretty much bills I entered, then deleted: 22 (I have given other users hits, so perhaps this is included in this count)

My Current Track Score: 21,992.18
     minus
     equals
Behind the Darth Slurpee curve by: 6,082

Conclusion:
(1) I sometimes don't take the time to mark my entered bills (too many stealths)
(2) I enter far too many non-ones (6,694 of them)
dctim
New

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Slurpee on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am

dctim wrote:snip… the Darth Slurpee curve …snip
Laughing
dctim wrote:snip… My Current Track Score: 21,992.18
    minus
    equals
Behind the Darth Slurpee curve by: 6,082 …snip

The "(b)ehind the Darth Slurpee curve" is calculated as (15,840 * 2) - 21,992.18 = 9,687.82

You're looking for the instance where your Track Points are double your Bills Entered.

So, if you stopped entering bills (please don't!) and just let the hits roll in, you'd need 2,884 additional hits from here to have your Track Points double your Bills Entered (and obviously it would be a lot fewer hits in that scenario because your Bonus would keep rising with each hit, but you get the picture).

dctim wrote:snip…Conclusion:
(1) I sometimes don't take the time to mark my entered bills (too many stealths)
(2) I enter far too many non-ones (6,694 of them)

There are things you can do in this hobby to make your results near perfect. It would be an interesting experiment, but if I did those things to maximize my statistical results, it would take a lot of the enjoyment out of the hobby for me. The stats are important, and (like this one) give me a pretty good idea what I'm doing right, but they are not the main driver for me.

For example, September 2014 is really frustrating me, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. I like having the monthly hit/entries rate listed on my Bill Summary report, and I relish the hit rates I now have in those early years, universally above the site's overall rate of 9½% (and I just got my first month that has reached 40%). All except Sep '14, where I only entered 193 bills, and over 20% of them were non-singles with only one hit amongst 'em all. Well, that has destroyed that month's hit/entries rate. So now, far fewer Bens are being entered.

One of the things the stats do to help me always tweak my approach…
Darth Slurpee
New

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dctim on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Darth Slurpee wrote:
The "(b)ehind the Darth Slurpee curve" is calculated as (15,840 * 2) - 21,992.18 = 9,687.82

You're looking for the instance where your Track Points are double your Bills Entered.
Well, I completely busted THAT analysis! Rolling Eyes
dctim
New

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down